Monday, May 2, 2011
Diffuculty paper #2
Im still having a difficult time understanding the diction of the book but Im still using the same technique to understand the novel. What I found difficult this time was how I missed the symbols of meaning from the different characters. Last week Mrs. Knapp talked about the different characters in the novel that showed meanings that helped understand the novel. I first read over the text and didn't catch any of the symbolism from key characters such as Pearl, Hester, and Dimmsdale. When we talked about how each character had key scenes and quotes that helped understand the symbolism behind the text I better understood the novel. So I guess group work really does work.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I agree, while I read the book I was so caught up trying to understand what was going on because the book was written in Old English, so I didnt catch on to all of the symbolism in the novel. After we talked about the symbolism in class it gave the story more meaning and made it more interesting.
ReplyDelete